Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Brief History of...

my nail health and care.

I didn't really become serious about my nails' look until this year, but I've been taking better care of them for over a year now. I've always liked nail polish, typically neons and black, but I always went for funky and cheap. I didn't care much for how they looked, but last year I started using nail hardener since I have super brittle nails that would break before getting any growth. It worked like a charm! I went through an entire bottle of Sinful Colors Nail Hardener, then moved on to a bottle of Salley Hansen's Hard as Nails. My nails grow extremely fast, and now that they aren't breaking so often I've attained great length. Although I have had to cut them to better function at school (it's very hard to write notes when your nails are digging into your palm!).

Earlier this year I discovered beauty blogs, specifically polish and manicure blogs. It opened my eyes to a whole new world of possibilities for my nails. Now I'm excited to try fun designs for my weekly manicure rather than just a plain, single color. I've also started building up a collection of quality polishes. I'm currently infatuated with China Glaze's Hunger Games Collection! I also cannot wait for OPI's German Collection this August. The colors are gorgeous, the names are fun, and I'm half German!

Anyway, I decided to create this blog to share my adventures in nail polish and nail art. Hopefully, by sharing pictures of my manicures I'll be more motivated to improve my skills. It'll also serve as a nice record for me as to what I was able to do, what I need to practice, which colors works with my skin tone, etc. So, here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment