Sunday, January 5, 2014

Review: Zoya "Chita"

Dim Natural Light

What I Used:
  • 1 coat of Zoya Anchor Base Coat
  • 1 coat of Zoya Chita
  • 1 coat of Zoya Armor Top Coat

According to Zoya: Chita can be best described as a forest green in a matte, textured, sparkling finish.


Color [8/10]
Chita is a nice, dark forest green with silver microglitter. I probably would like this one more if I hadn't worn it at the same time as Vespa, which is simply gorgeous. I still really like this green though. The color is just a bit duller than I expected and doesn't quite pop as much as I'd have liked.

Application [10/10]
It's a one coater! I was so shocked! At first I thought the formula was too thick, but it's not. It glides right on and has 100% coverage. You can't get any better than that!


Finish [8/10]
Of course, this one has an amazing amount of glitter. In the sunlight it's breathtaking, but indoors it looks a little flat. It also looks as gritty as it feels which I don't like. Vespa has that gritty texture, but it doesn't look it, which is why I have to dock points for Chita. Perhaps a different top coat can fix that.

Longevity [9/10]
Chita survived a good scalp scrubbing with medical strength dandruff shampoo, suffering only minimal tip wear! And I do mean minimal: only one nail, and you'd have to be really looking to notice it. It was more noticeable than the wear on Vespa, but that's due to the dark color rather than any issues with the polish itself. However, the wear continued to grow on that one nail and became quite noticeable within just a few days. I had absolutely no chips though. I wore this for ten days instead of my usual seven, and was very impressed with how it held up.

Final Score: 8.75

No comments:

Post a Comment