Sunday, January 19, 2014

Review: Zoya "Stacy"


What I Used:
  • 1 coat of Zoya Anchor Base Coat
  • 2 coats of Zoya Stacy
  • 1 coat of Zoya Armor Top Coat

According to Zoya: Stacy can be best described as: Dark raspberry creme with purple and wine or oxblood undertones. A lighter take on a vintage vampy shade.

Color [5/10]
Stacy is a quite boring berry color. It looks great in the bottle and looks a lot more purple than it actually is on the nail. In dim lighting it is darker and closer to the bottle hue, but in full light it's maroon. It's not ugly by any means, but it's really not me at all. I was hoping for something more purple and less red from looking at it in the bottle.

Application [5/10]
Stacy is a little on the runny side. It was easy to get too much on the brush, and it would pool around the nail edges, requiring a lot of clean up. It does require two coats, but I still noticed a bald spot on my index finger. When I looked at it in direct light, there's even more bald spots! Maybe three coats was needed instead. It does self-level nicely though.


Finish [5/10]
Stacy is a smooth cream and is fairly shiny. However, like I already mentioned, the bald spots are extremely noticeable in the light. It looks nice and rich in the dark though.

Longevity [10/10]
I wore Stacy for nine days and didn't get a single chip, even on my dominant hand! There was, of course, minimal tip wear but it was hardly noticeable at all. Just as a random note, removal looks like a bloody mess!

Final Score: 6.25

No comments:

Post a Comment