Sunday, March 16, 2014

Review: Zoya "Cassedy"


What I Used:
  • 1 coat of Zoya Anchor Base Coat
  • 2 coats of Zoya Cassedy
  • 1 coat of Zoya Armor Top Coat

According to Zoya: Cassedy can best be described as a full-coverage, celestial pewter metallic.


Color [5/10]
This is the first green polished I've hated, but only because I wasn't expecting green, and most of the time it doesn't look green. In the bottle, Cassedy is a silver foil. On the nail, Cassedy is...I don't even know. She has a split personality. In most lights, it looks like an oil slick. I hated Cassedy as soon as I got it on my first finger. It is so ugly. But then the next morning I caught sight of her in the sunlight and was blown away. She's a gorgeous metallic, forest green. I wish she'd stay that way all the time. However, upon removal, I fell in love again. The green comes off first, leaving...a gorgeous silver foil! WTF, Cassedy?!

Application [7/10]
Cassedy glides on, but is a little runny. I didn't pay too much attention to the formula since I was so distracted by the color. Sorry.


Finish [3/10]
Like I said, Cassedy looks like an oil slick. It's actually kind of gross to look at. Yes, I really hate this color that much. In the sun, she looks really nice and shimmery, but everywhere else? Just ew.

Longevity [5/10]
Cassedy suffers from raised edges upon drying, which immediately got caught in my hair and started peeling from the cuticle edge. It also chipped and peeled from the sides within a couple of days. However, tip wear was pretty minimal.

Final Score: 5.0

No comments:

Post a Comment