Sunday, March 30, 2014

Review: Zoya "Dakota"

[No photos, sorry! I accidentally deleted them]
 
What I Used:
  • 1 coat of Zoya Anchor Base Coat
  • 3 coats of Zoya Dakota
  • 1 coat of Zoya Armor Top Coat

According to Zoya: Deep, dramatic saturated blood red creme with a very subtle hint of brown. Choose this shade when you want a more dramatic red look.

Color [5/10]
While I hate red, I do tend to like darker, wine colors, which is what I was expecting from Dakota. It's still too light and red for my liking, but it's not bad.

Application [3/10]
Dakota is thin and runny, and it pools around the edges. It also required three coats for full opacity.

Finish [6/10]
Dakota has some shine to it, but not enough. It looks rather dull in some lighting.

Longevity [7/10]
Even though I didn't want to, I did wear this for about a week and it lasted without any chips. There was some noticeable tip wear after a couple of days though. 

Final Score: 5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment